Telephone Boxes as Art throughout London
London’s Summer Art Exhibit:
Over the course of this summer all throughout London decorated Telephone Boxes were installed in the cities most popular areas and neighborhoods. This unique art exhibit could be found in many corners of London’s neighborhoods and was created to support the charity Childline. The BBC ran a news story about the boxes for those who are interested in watching, click here.
While out and about in London I came across 11 of the 100 different boxes. I wish I’d made more time to find the rest but every time I stumbled across one I felt excitement, as if I were a young child!
The Phone Boxes
I found them throughout London.
- Giraffe – Leicester Square
- Love – Sloane Square
- Cartoon Totem Pole – Soho Square
- Teleporter – Soho Square
- Warhol Style – Brunswick Place
- Painted Face – Baker Street
- Mobile Phone – Charing Cross
- Knitted Phone – Trafalgar Square
- Big Ben – Trafalgar Square
- Turn Key – Piccadilly Circus
- Neon Yellow – Piccadilly Circus